Friday, April 13, 2012

In the end....


The tour is coming to a close and the kids will have the final say and how this blog ends. If a picture says a thousand words then these guys have a lot to say....let’s just say that thankfully this is a digital world and very few of these pics will ever be printed!!!  Far too many to print for sure....I have a lot of people that I want to thank and this is the easiest place to do some of it for sure....first of all the entire staff of Three Oaks for letting us take advantage of this opportunity, it truly is a once in a lifetime experience and personally I have been able to experience it a few times.  Principal Nicole Haire for backing us and me  up personally in all aspects of this gigantic endeavor.  Thanks to EF for their hard work in making sure that all of our needs were meet while we are on tour, yes they are a business but yes the really do care about the kids that are involved.  Thanks to tour director David Harrod, who makes us run(and I mean run) to keep on time...I should probably have David organize every day of my life so I run on schedule for a change.  Thanks especially to you the parents for intrusting me personally, and us as group, with your children......I know it must be nerve wracking at times thinking about sending your kids across the world, but I ask you to encourage it and not discourage it because they have grown and they have become better people because of this educational travel experience.  A special thank you to Angela Carragher and Danny and Kim Brawn and Lisa Ronahan who have simply melded into the group as if they were the students and never a complaining word was spoken and this also makes my life easier while on tour.  
   To my chaperones Kelly, Amanda, Barb, Forrest, Alex and Margie.  The hard work that you all put in, unfortunately sometimes it goes by the wayside when people talk about the trip and it being mine as Group Leader.  I hope that you realize that is not the case and the group is only as good as its weakest link and we had no weak links...we were good!  Your work over the last 14 months has made me look good as a group leader with people life David Harrod and EF, but please let it be known that I always mention and talk about how well we worked together as a team.
    Finally to the kids...each one of you has grown, you might not realize it, but someday, in fact many days, you will look back to this opportunity your parents and guardians provided you with and say that it has influenced some of the decisions that you have made and will make in the future.  Each one of you have accepted a challenge from us and the rest of Canada.  Do not take this challenge lightly...be a leader in your peer group....be a leader in your community when it comes to remembrance and pass the stories along that you have discovered, you owe it to the veterans and you owe it to yourselves to keep that challenge going forward.  You have an advantage over me, not that I didn't have a great teacher or two in high school(haha),  but I didn't have the travel opportunity that you guys were just presented with.  Learn from these experiences and make your life one that is a commitment to being the best person that you possibly can be, each and every day of your life.  That is a very difficult thing to do; however, if you challenge yourself and set your goals high you will be shocked at what you can accomplish.  I am honoured and proud to have travelled with everyone of you!!!
dc

1 comment:


  1. Book online Cheap Agra tour Packages to know about Agra. Agra, the former capital of Hindustan, is a city on the banks of the river Yamuna in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh, India. It is 363 kilometres (226 mi) west of the state capital, Lucknow, 200 kilometres (124 mi) south of the national capital New Delhi and 125 kilometres (78 mi) north of Gwalior .

    ReplyDelete