Wednesday, March 14, 2012

In Speaking with Tour Director David Harrod....

a number of you have been asking me about how much money that students should be taking..well this depends upon a number of things...

1.  Are they male or female??  Sorry girls but from my experience that has been the norm over the last number of trips..to the point I remember a couple of extra suitcases being purchased in Italy, and it wasn't my boys doing the packing!!!
2.  Do they have a lot of people to buy "things" for?  As previously mentioned by Dave Robinson, although they may want to think they can shop at the "haut couture" shops in Paris, they can't and it will be mostly souvenir type things....get prepared for your "Tube" and "Abbey Road" t-shirts from London and Eiffel Towel and Louvre goodies in Paris!!!
Besides that here is what David Harrod sent me in an email today....

"There will not be a lot of free time - hopefully a bit in London and some in Paris. How much money they need depends on how much souvenir shopping they want to do - if they budget for lunch at about £7 per day in UK and 10 euros per day in France they should be good. So about $10 a day. If we have time then it would be good if I could arrange a Seine River Cruise and possibly the Eiffel Tower although availability for reservations for the tower are fairly hard to come by. The price would be 32 euros per person (including metro tickets). I would need to know in advance exact numbers for anyone interested and then try and see if we have time and whether I can get any reservations. This would be an evening activity."

I believe the Eiffel Tower is already on our itinerary list, but don't think the extended tour up the Tower is...I will check on that...anyways that is all I have for now.  From my experience I really don't think that we will have a ton of shopping/spending money frivolously time while in Europe, so in the end budget as you see fit with your children!!!!

21 days till take off,
dc

No comments:

Post a Comment